Yes indeed. Slow Cooker Mac~n~cheese.
There are tons of recipes out there, in the great wide world of the internet, for macaroni and cheese. Baked, slow cooked, regular pots on the stove, I’m sure there are some out there for a microwave version as well. I’ve seen a lot. Most that I’ve seen involve multiple pans and quite a bit of prep time. Those are wonderful and I can pretty much guarantee that they taste completely scrumptious but I just don’t have the time for those. I’m a busy mom to a toddler and a busy 3rd grader and I have too much to do to be spending that much time in the kitchen. Yes, there are some times that I feel bad about not putting in the time or effort but then I remind myself that I work hard for my family and I love them. Spending oodles of time in the kitchen doesn’t prove that; spending time with them does.
I found a recipe (courtesy of recipe.com) that has very little prep. You stir, you dump, you ditch! Ta Da!!!!
So let’s get on with it shall we??
Mac ~n~ ‘Slow Cooked’ Cheesiness
This was quite tasty. At the end of the initial 2 hours it was still quite thin and watery. I was a bit worried about it but by the time the last 30 minutes was done it had thickened up a lot. As a matter of fact, it was a bit thicker than I expected. That's the closest I can come to a criticism for this one. It was flavorful and filling and creamy and delicious! Justice wouldn't eat it even though it has everything she loves, but everyone else had a loverly dinner and this will definitely have a few replays. :)
- 1 (8-ounce) package fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded smoked Mozzarella cheese (I used 4 cups of mild cheddar/jack mix total)
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 10 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- **I added 1 bag Tyson Diced Roast Chicken to round it off
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to Low and cook for 30 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this one!