Of the Sweet & Tangy variety.
I’ve heard and seen this recipe about 2 dozen times over the last year or two but never actually tried it. Until recently that is.
I tell ya…it sure did make me wonder why on earth I had never made them before. And the fam agreed.
Here they are for you. (I actually pulled this recipe from sixsistersstuff.com)
Every time that I have personally seen or heard of this recipe it's been done as an appetizer/snack. I, as the SixSistersStuff directions suggested, served them over rice along side a head of steamed purple cauliflower. It was quite a different and delicious dinner indeed.
- 1 12 oz jar chili sauce (in the ketchup section at our grocery store)
- 1 jar grape jelly
- 1 pkg. frozen meatballs (I used turkey meatballs)
- Combine jelly and chili sauce in a crock pot and stir until smooth (heat the mixture if needed to combine).
- Add meatballs or cocktail sausages and set temperature to low.
- Cook for 2-5 hours on low.
- Serve over rice or with toothpicks.
Have you tried this one yet??